Hoenn Hoes

Inspired by @eeveeteam and his Eevee thread, I wanted to make a thread for hoenn enjoyers only. I don’t wanna hear from none of you kanto kids, johto jocks or sinnoh simps. Hoenn hoes only

Best region, best starters, best legendaries.

Hoenn_Starters

Starter

• Torchic
  • Mudkip
  • Treecko
0 voters

Box legendary

• Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
0 voters

Mythical

• Jirachi
  • Deoxys
0 voters

Pseudo

• Metagross
  • Salamence
0 voters

Too much water?

• way too much
  • not enough
0 voters

Favorite Gym

• Roxanne
  • Brawly
  • Wattson
  • Flannery
  • Norman
  • Winona
  • Tate & Liza
  • Juan/Wallace
0 voters
37 Likes

I’m here!!!

Unpopular opinion: Hoenn does not have too much water, but it could use another island or two on the bottom right.

8 Likes

It is my biased opinion that gen 3 will see the most growth in the upcoming few years. Hoenn kids are just now moving into their full careers and thus getting disposable income.

I think the % growth of ex will be more than WOTC in the next few years

10 Likes

13 Likes

Best pesudo legendary in Metagross, hands down.
Best steel type in Aggron, no counter-arguments accepted by me.
The overworld is really awesome, some great dungeon crawling too. Gaming-wise RSE really hit home for me for nostalgia value, I was on vacation with my parents and best friend and he brought Sapphire shortly after they released, he and I ignored the beach and played through the 3rd gym. Either that Christmas or the one after, I got Emerald version. To this day I’ve never logged more hours in a Pokémon game.
And although I’ve not got the money to blow on it and so far I’ve been strictly a WotC collector, it really has one of the best card eras in EX. I have nice slabbed copies of both Aggron EX cards though. Rookie Aggron has really weird art I never liked. They smushed him.

8 Likes

Not to mention the physical special split and double battles changing the game forever

Not to be an ackshually type dude, but unfortunately the phys special split didn’t happen until Gen 4. It’s still so frustrating to me to play those games which were leaps and bounds ahead graphically (at least to my 11 year old brain) but still have so many 'mon be busted because they didn’t have the split. Hitmonchan still sucked :sob:

3 Likes

Well they split in gen 3 but it was based on type not individual move. So still in the early stages and not as good as it got but it was the first step

3 Likes

As much as I love Gen 1 & 2, it was Hoenn that hit the pinnacle of the classic Pokémon formula!

The plot of every mainline game after Gen 3 was a reskin of RSE, all the way up until Legends Arceus broke the loop:

Box legendary is version exclusive :white_check_mark:
Villain team is focussed on using legendary for stupid purpose :white_check_mark:
Plot concludes with big battle alongside/against box legendary :white_check_mark:
Third version game focussed on underrepresented third legendary related to previous box legendaries :white_check_mark:

The starters all began going downhill after Hoenn too. That was the last generation that all three knocked it out of the park!

4 Likes

Hoenn is near-perfect.

4 Likes

greatest addition from the remakes

5 Likes

Gen 3 is okay I guess

11 Likes

I forgot to add
Best music, best pseudos (2 of them!), best early route mons, best battle frontier, best gameplay features added, weather added, Pokemon abilities added

I’ll hesitate to say best tcg cards… But they can go toe to toe with WOTC which is more than any other Nintendo era cards can claim

7 Likes

Leveling Wurmple hoping for a Cascoon after getting paid by rich boy Winston

© Blanchelune

4 Likes

Gen 3 has strong starters collectively, and possibly even the best line-up out of all gens. With starters usually there is one that stands out over the other two, but I think all three of them are equally interesting and unique. All of their final evos are badass as well!

2 Likes

Hoenn is my favorite region. So many good memories. I love how stupid the teams are, and I always like their outfit. The whole ancient legendaries that shaped the world was a great concept. The trumpets are amazing. And it’s my favorite elite 4 theme (insert rhythmic clapping). The one thing I hold against it is no new Eeveelution. Also has most of my favorite Pokémon in the games even if they’re from other gens.

1 Like

swampert best starter typing gang

8 Likes

Best legendaries. Every. Single. One.

Best 580 trio by a mile, best even 100 baby looking thingy, best last dex mythic (with multiple forms,) best 670-680 trio, and as if that wasn’t enough we get the Lati twins as icing on the cake.

4 Likes

Here is a list of all the best Pokemon designs from gen 3:

2 Likes

Figuring out the Regis puzzles without any guides /any idea what was going on blew my mind beyond orbit! Favourite game in the series by far!

3 Likes