2001 Pokemon Neo Revelation 1st Edition Set PSA/SMR Article

Sorry for the delay. I have been busy lately but will get the more recent articles up soon. Here is the SMR Neo Revelation article (with the first Pokemon Ad at the end):

7 Likes

Truly one of the most beautiful sets in my opinion. Thanks for posting buddy!

3 Likes

Pretty surreal seeing PSA advertise using Pokemon cards.

2 Likes

For the first year of being a PSA member, I would throw the magazines away, usually still in the plastic wrapping because reading about baseball cards sounded boring. Last year at Comic Con I stopped by the booth and they had the SMR with a Charizard on the cover. Read front to back and loved it.

Ever since then they’ve been sprinkling in articles about Pokemon and I think there was only one magazine since that didn’t include it. This months SMR was the best one yet with 3 articles with loads of pictures. I save all these now which will be nice to look back on in in the upcoming years.

Because they included Pokemon now, I find myself reading the whole thing every month. This gave me a lot more of an appreciation for people collecting the old baseball cards, sports tickets and a lot of niche sets. Like the cards found in old oatmeal boxes or cards you would only get by buying a hotdog.

and pretty awesome that smpratte is one of their go-to experts in the articles.

3 Likes

I’m glad you discovered that. I’ve been reading them cover to cover for about 15 years or more. There’s a lot information that crosses over well to Pokemon or all collectibles.

Just got PSA 9 for all the legendary dog Holos and the shining magikarp and gyarados. First edition of course! I had to have them and I love the recognition. Probably my favorite neo set. Also, just had Ho-oh grade a Mint 9 thanks to the @smpratte grading service!

Beautiful article and I love the acknowledgement to the pokemon world PSA! Keep it UP!

2 Likes