Base Set Unlimited Charizard

Hey Guys

First post, and returning collector.

I used to collect all throughout my childhood, but just recently got back into the scene.

I’m just wondering about the price I’ve paid for a Base Unlimited Charizard. I don’t have any pictures currently, but the card is fairly mint, maybe LP at worst. I paid 200 CA (153.13 USD) for the card, do you think that’s a decent price? I do plan on sending this to PSA for grading as the prices on these cards seem to only be going up lately.

Thanks,
James

Price various widely based on condition and “fairly mint / LP at worst” is subjective.

If you have a PSA 5 or higher condition, you paid a good price as you can’t fetch a PSA 5 for less than $200. If your card is PSA 4 or lower you paid market price or maybe slightly over. Pictures would help us give a better answer.

2 Likes

Send it to PSA if you want to have it graded. But you state that you want to send it in because “the prices on these cards seem to only be going up lately.” But the reality is that grading it is not really going to increase the value unless it’s PSA 9/10. People generally don’t have an issue with paying PSA 7/8 prices for ungraded NM cards.

1 Like

Thanks

I will up-load the pictures once I get home. I don’t plan on selling this card, I just wanted to try and snag one before they become way outside my price point.

Appreciate the reply’s!

Sounds like you got a pretty good price for it based on what you say. Even if it came back a 4 from PSA, I think you’d be fine. Would definitely like to see pics rather than a description though to be sure.

1 Like

probably the most liquid card out there

1 Like

@jamesomon,@teraz,@zorloth,@eyesofmadara,@wisewailmer,

imgur.com/gallery/w4uxOne

Hopefully there is enough detail to see. It’s not perfect. But for my first Zard since 2001, I’m excited to pick this bad boy up!

It’s a nice card; congrats on the awesome pickup :blush:. But it wouldn’t get more than a PSA 7, and it might get a 6. But if you want it slabbed, then go for it anyway.

1 Like

@jamesomon , Definitely a great price for that one. Good luck on your grades when you decide to send it in. Be prepared to wait up to six months or longer to get it back, but it’s worth it. I’ve had about 10 or so orders there since the beginning of May that haven’t started the grading process. I agree with @zorloth about the potential grade.

1 Like