Best set of all time

To piggyback the worst set of all time, what do you all consider to be the best set of all time?

My pick:

Jungle

Released in Japan on March 5, 1997 and in the United States on June 16, 1999, Jungle was the first expansion to the Pokemon TCG.

Edit: please note that this can be any set YOU think is the best whether that is because you have an inherent connection to it, you just think it’s the best because of the following reasons. Anything is game!

15 Likes

It’s probably 1st Ed base or skyridge

6 Likes

The only correct answer is 151. Followed closely by evolving skies

4 Likes

This

or this

7 Likes

Base

Base set is lowkey overrated ngl.

2 Likes

My top five are:

1. Base set no rarity
  2. All of Yuka Morii
  3. Vending series
  4. Original Bandai Cardass
  5. 151
2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. But got to give it credit for kicking things off

2 Likes

Rocket gang strikes back

9 Likes

That’s true, but for the BEST set ever, we’ll have to consider a various number of factors:

• Artworks
  • Chase Cards
  • uniqueness
  • novelty
  • how it was played in the TCG
  • conditional rarity

and probably more things…

1 Like

Again I have to agree with you, curious to see what others say taking those into account. As you can see from my top 5 I’m still just a kid when it’s come to TCG opinions

Same. feel like the XY sets might be immmediatly out. Conditional rarity was absolute trash, most of the cards didn’t age well in terms of novelty and/or rarity, with the chase cards being full art trainers, and while mega charizard x could have changed the game (points for that), it’s simply not enough for it to be in even B+ tier.

2 Likes

Split Earth or Mysterious Mountains.

5 Likes

I absolutely love Jungle and think it’s a close second to either 1st Edition or Shadowless base set. The colors of the cards in conjunction with the shadowless borders are forever the greatest in my eyes.

4 Likes

1st Ed base and unlimited are wildly different things

1 Like

with it being?

Historical significance, difficulty of acquisition. One of them is collectable and one is just made so that everyone could get them a Charizord

VS Series by a mile.

After that I’d say Town on no Map and Base Set.

7 Likes

I still can’t comprehend how base set even emerges as a top 5, dare I say top 10.

If our only reason is novelty and chase cards, it shouldn’t really be the best set should it?

VSTAR Universe, pretty much hands down.

6 Likes