Best way to protect Sealed Promo Cards (Japanese ones in clear packs)

currently, I put them sealed in a semi-rigid and a team bag. I was told not to put them in an oversized top loader as the pressure could mark the rear of the card (because of the flaps in the back)

care to share how you store yours? thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Semi-rigid is also my go-to. I bet some would leave it outside of the rigid and put it in a team bag using the rigid as support (what i do with packs). But in this case I would personally put it straight in the semi-rigid

3 Likes

The only thing I’d add is that you can get tarot card sleeves that are close to the same size as the packs. I put the pack in one of those, then inside the card saver. Even so, it’s not really bend-resistant.

If you wanted to go a step further you could put it in a graded card sleeve, maybe with some cardboard, but that feels like a lot.

2 Likes

thats actually a good idea, I might have to switch it to the sandwich between 2 rigids. thank you

Another vote for semi rigid. I’ve had some cards sealed like this in binders for over 10 years and a couple formed indents. But I think semi rigid upright without being too compact is the best you can do.

2 Likes

I actually store all of my sealed promos loose in a small, hard plastic box. I don’t like the idea of it in a semi-rigid as I think the compression of the semi-rigid (especially if you stack them over time) may lead to some damage where the back seam of the sealed plastic pack can get pressed into the card. I don’t have any evidence for this happening but I feel safer storing them loose.

4 Likes

I am in the same boat as @fourthstartcg . I just keep all of my sealed promos loose in a small hard plastic box along the longer edge of the card. I have a few sealed promos which also have a coin along with it and it just felt safer and a lot more convenient keeping them in a plastic box.

Cheers!

I use 3x5 Ultra Pro Toploaders for all my sealed promos, since they’re the perfect size usually.
Not sure about this, though. :thinking:

Either way, here is what it looks like:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

do they slide in/out easily? my main concern is the pressure against the pack and card

Not too easy tbh, so I can understand your concern for long-term protection. The plastic of the toploads kinda curve inward for some of them, which is a bit annoying.

In that regard, card savers/semi-rigids might be a better option. Or as @pfm suggested: sandwich it between two rigid in a team bag.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes