Best way to store long-foil Fossil booster packs?

Want to store my long-foil Fossil booster packs. I got semi-rigid card savers, but they seem a little too tight and the long-foil sticks out the top. Not looking to display or anything like that, just want to know the best possible storage options - definitely want them sleeved in something.

• Thanks,
1 Like

Howdy, for my Japanese packs (which also have the long foil-type style) I’ve been placing them in-between two toploaders and putting all of that inside a PSA-graded card case (sort of like a team bag with a sealable strip), which is tall enough to fit everything

1 Like

Mail them to me, I’ll make sure their safe.

3 Likes

Jokes aside, I do a card saver 1, then put in a sleeve made for PSA graded cards.

@teraz,is the card saver 1 tall enough where the long-foil is inside the sleeve or is still hanging out?

Hangs out a half inch maybe. But fits perfect in the PSA graded sleeve.

I use tarot card sleeves, then store infront of card saver 1 and a perfect fit PSA card sleeve

1 Like

@burritos760 ,could you link me the tarot sleeves you use when you get the chance? also, what do you mean in-front of a card saver, you don’t actually put the pack inside?

1 Like

This is what it looks like, it doesn’t actually cover the whole long seal but covers some. I have this pack in a wider penny sleeve, the tarot card sleeve and supported by a card saver. For short packs it’s a perfect fit
Here is what the tarot sleeves look like but you can find on Amazon, and ebay as well.
www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=3345

1 Like

Pulled my Venusaur base pack out of a cigar box the other day. Had been sitting in there 8 years–looks as good as new!

3 Likes

@burritos760,thank you very much for the pic. I’m definitely going to use the tarot + PSA graded sleeves! that’s a great idea. Just to clarify though, you’re putting the pack in front of the card saver, not actually inside right?

Correct. You would probably do more harm than good stuffing a pack inside a card saver, its there to support the pack only. Some people also sandwich the pack in-between 2 card savers.

If you were just bothered about storage and not display you could use anything semi-rigid that’s the right size instead of the card saver 1. Right now card saver 1’s are in short supply so its not the easiest or cheapest option.

I’d recommend tarot sleeves + PSA graded bags + anything else you want to chuck in there to add some rigidity or you may even get away with just using some thicker tarot sleeves :wink:

Personally it would bother me that card saver 1’s don’t fully cover the pack same as tarot sleeves do not fully cover the whole of a longcrimp booster but i have not found another solution yet.

2 Likes

@ebull oh and btw, long live HOUNDOOOOOOOM