Best way to store sealed single cards

Recently purchased a sealed shadowless red cheeks e3 pikachu. As the title states I’m looking for the best way to store the card in the original sealed packaging. Outside of grading or authenticating the sealed card (I don’t like the way they fold the top and bottom flaps back behind the card), I was thinking toploader, but was worried about the back flap that goes down the middle of the card leaving an indentation long term. Thoughts?

If you want to use a toploader then after you do slip it upside down into a Card Saver 1. It’ll be nicely protected and nice to view. Now there’s more expensive ways but this will cost you nothing.
Congrats on obtaining such a nice card. I was actually there in downtown Los Angeles in 1999 and picked up several.

1 Like

Any worry that the flap that runs vertical along the card will cause an indentation long term when stored this way?? I just worry with how tightly the back flap will be held up against the card.
P.s. That’s awesome!

curious as well… i just leave mine in cardsavers but always worried about the indent - but toploaders don’t protect edges do they

I just store them in ultra pro tarot card sleeves, toploaders were too tight, card savers were too tight, we need to remember that using these items is meant to protect the card, if there’s a question of possibly leaving indents when using certain methods, why use it?

I think you are right, if there’s even a question surrounding it I’m going to avoid it. I had never heard of those tarot sleeves. I’m going to look into them.

1 Like

I dont think so. At least mine are fine.

You could try a larger toploader and graded card sleeve.

I honestly didn’t think of a larger top loader. Turns out they have top loaders for thicker cards! I’m thinking of giving those a go maybe in conjunction with the tarot sleeves. See what I can come up with. Thanks guys!

1 Like

Let me know if you find a suitable toploader!

6"x4" will fit nicely. Plus it’s a side loader so the card will be easier to slide in without messing up the cello flaps.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m not finding the thickness for the 4x6 top loaders. As for standard sized 3x4 ones, 75-100pt thickness would be perfect, but you’d have a large portion of the flap unprotected unless you decide to fold it.

@garyis2000 I was just looking at that one. lol I just don’t know if it’s as tight as regular top loaders. OP seems a bit paranoid about the card getting indented.

1 Like

I use these top loaders, they’re perfect.

2 Likes

I was just playing around with my sealed dmg and realised the card can move quite freely inside the seal while kept in a card saver 1

My guess is because it’s sealed there’s some airspace inside so even when in a card saver it prevents the indent…there’s a degree of protection unless the seal breaks and air can escape

I slip mine in card savers, then cover with a graded card sleeve