Blaines Charizard 1st ed PSA 10

I bought my last one on 23 Dec 2019 for 770 USD. Since then we have seen record prices of 1.3k 1.6k 1.9k 2.2k and now 3k. That is 4x growth in exactly 4 months. Sweet Jesus that is insane. I always figured prices would increase but Got Damn!
On the one hand, it’s a Charizard. It’s not only a starter Pokémon but it is THE starter Pokémon. The psa 10 pop report has increased by about 100 over the last 2 years. And the pace in which New 10’s are graded had been slowing down even before covid. And there are only 4 psa graded copies on ebay right now.
On the other hand there is 274 psa 10 copies. It’s not that hard to grade, has 140 more psa 9 copies than psa 10 copies so we know they’re put there.
What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

1 Like

PSA closed/not fully operational = no way to increase graded supply.

3 Likes

I understand 100%. That’s why I mentioned that even before Corona, the pace seemed to have slowed.
Do you think that in a year or so, as the pop increases, the price might hit a plateau? It can’t keep increasing at this rate, can it?

Whatever I might add is only speculation, and with that the only thing certain here is uncertainty. Psa is closed, corona is still affecting things globally, and the market remains thriving with no real indicator of stopping, slowing down, prices lowering, etc. Really its just game now of “only time will tell”, and even pinpointing some facts will still result in an answer that is only a guesstimate at best, so in the meantime id just say strap in and enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

Blaine’s Charizard is finally getting the love it deserves. It’s very good to see. And with 1st ED base Charizard so out of range in price for the majority of people, this card is a beautiful and extremely cheap alternative (even at 3K).

1 Like

I’ve always liked this artwork over all the others. It’s my favorite, that’s why I have a few of them. I’m excited because I’m seeing my investments grow but also…its gonna be real hard to acquire more lol

4x in 4 months is doubling every 2 months.

From a price point of $3,000 if it continues doubling every 2 months it would be $6,000 in June, $48,000 in December, $192,000 in a year and $786,432,000 in April 2025.

I think at some point it will break from its current rate of increase and may plateau somewhere between here and $786.4MM.

12 Likes