E4’s Favorite 2024 Illustration Contest t300 - Toxtricity (Closed)

The 2023/24 Illustration Contest top 300 has been revealed, and we will be running a series of polls to figure out which entrees are E4’s Favorite.

Each Pokemon will get it’s own Poll

Individual Pokemon Polls will end at 12PM Pacific one week from when it goes up

• Vote for every illustration you like

The top 5 of each Pokemon will move on to the final round

• Finalists from each will be visible on the additional page (Which will also be hyperlinked here when the page is up, beginning Friday, June 21st)

Polls:

• Burdrehnar
0 voters

• JIGENN
0 voters

• Katkichi
0 voters

• Kazuki Okuda
0 voters

• l aciel
0 voters

• wavigoat
0 voters

• Xous
0 voters

• Ibaraki Baito
0 voters

• Takuya Iwata
0 voters

• Ushinoki
0 voters

• KAOSU
0 voters

• gyoukan
0 voters

• kinshi
0 voters

• CloverK
0 voters

• kurozakikiki
0 voters

• shimada
0 voters

• shiren
0 voters

• jinko
0 voters

• Tachihiro
0 voters

• Nakaba
0 voters

• Nishiyama Hana
0 voters

• Bo
0 voters

• mukiguri
0 voters

• Anderson
0 voters

• Tetsu Kurosawa
0 voters

• tenshuu
0 voters
3 Likes

toxtricity is up!

i do like some of the sort of pop art/comic book stylistic approaches, but there aren’t really any styles that i feel strongly about wanting to see more of in the tcg

i’m excited for tomorrow tho. unlike toxtricity, koraidon is an aesthetically pleasing design which makes for more easy to appreciate art (personally)

3 Likes

This one using the more understated setting is my favourite.

I am guessing that many will not be fond of the art being so human; basically being interchangeable with a singer/rockstar. Going to see a Pokemon in concert seems on the furthest edge of believability.

3 Likes

I had to look up the pokedex entries to get an idea of what kind of pokemon Toxtricity is and what mood the art should convey. It seems I misunderstood this pokemons themes initially, I thought it was a punk rock guitarist that enjoyed playing to a crowd but its dex entries are way different and focus more on its toxicity or excessive electricity output. It vastly changed which ones I felt showcased the pokemon correctly.

Pokedex entries

Amped Form(yellow spikes)

Sword When this Pokémon sounds as if it’s strumming a guitar, it’s actually clawing at the protrusions on its chest to generate electricity.
Shield This short-tempered and aggressive Pokémon chugs stagnant water to absorb any toxins it might contain.
Scarlet As it scatters toxic sweat and emits electricity, a melody that sounds like it came from a guitar reverberates through the surrounding area.
Violet The jolts of electricity it launches by violently strumming the protrusions on its chest easily exceed 15,000 volts.

Low Key Form(purple spikes)

Sword Capable of generating 15,000 volts of electricity, this Pokémon looks down on all that would challenge it.
Shield It has an electrical organ on its chest. While generating electricity, it fills its surroundings with what sounds like the strumming of a bass guitar.
Scarlet Many youths admire the way this Pokémon listlessly picks fights and keeps its cool no matter what opponent it faces.
Violet As it gulps down stagnant water and generates electricity in its body, a sound like a rhythm played by a bass guitar reverberates all around.
5 Likes

Outside the AI hassle this was my least favourite of them. I don’t have that strong feelings for the pokemon and the styles and poses didn’t differentiate the entries enough for me so almost all of them felt quite repeating. I think i lowered my threshold to vote to get even those 5 votes in

Edit: i had to check again and i lied, i anyway voted only 4

3 Likes

Cringe

That said, I like Toxtricity’s design and most of these are technically well done.

2 Likes

second to last individual poll ends today! admittedly, this one is the weakest of the 10 for me. it has a few that i enjoy, but i’m not big on the whole rockstar aesthetic in general, so the concepts for most of these don’t land for me.