Experiences with StockX?

Learned a bit ago about StockX selling graded cards now…Have heard a lot about how their website isnt super secure and accounts get hacked left and right. Besides this I have never actually heard or seen anything on anyone actually purchasing cards off of them. Some people, including myself, question their ability to verify collectibles, but I have nothing to go off of.

Can anyone back them up or share poor experiences? Would be super helpful as I cant find any good sources of first hand pokemon purchasing experiences with them.
Thanks guys!

@pokemonrevolution did a video on them

2 Likes

I think I saw this video a couple weeks back and it was super helpful, but was curious if anyone else had other experiences with them. Do you know if anyone else made any similar videos? I couldnt find much other than by pokemonrevolution unfortunately.

I think the common experience with StockX is that no one has experience with StockX…

16 Likes

Their total sales for pokemon tcg = like 50 ever lol

1 Like

I’ve talked about them in patreon. They approached me about doing advertising on my channel, I declined. Doubt I’ll do any public content as it’s free advertising.

7 Likes

I’ve sold a few things on stockX, any specific questions?

Ive got a bunch but mostly about buying. In regards to selling, how long do usual transactions last (from purchase to delivery) and any specific things you like/dislike with them?

Yeah, they have been aggressively searching for people in the Pokemon community to advertise with. I did have mostly negative opinions about them about getting into Pokemon, but I suppose any type of content will get them traffic.

3 Likes

I bought a graded card. It took around a week to receive since seller had to ship to Stock X first to…authenticate…the psa card.

Also they ship UPS ground and as a buyer you have to pay $10 just for shipping. UPS ground is a lot more expensive than USPS first class.

2 Likes

@pokemonrevolution,

Good job on the video. I really enjoyed it:)

2 Likes

very interesting, i just feel as if unless they stock their own site up people can just start setting their own prices. Then this will instantly put people off and will result back into Ebay or social media

1 Like

I’ve bought some clothes and kicks off StockX before which was nice to Authenticate I was buying legit. Though I’ve been told from sellers there the fees are mental.
I’m unsure if I’d buy off there unless I saw a steal too be honest, having an authenticated graded card re-authenticated is pretty wack. Might just be my view on things.

1 Like

You’re not the only one haha. I mostly made this thread cause I saw a pretty good price for a card I was after and couldn’t decide if it was worth the potential headache. I decided I’ll take the chance. I’ll let you guys know how it goes. It was a 1st ed. Alakazam in psa 8.5 for $169 (after the hefty fees) for anyone curious. Fingers crossed

Oh, dang. Well if StockX has Global Shipping Program, sign me up!

I’m glad to hear that!

Have been trying to get a card added but their product request page refuses to work for me. Submitted the request through a customer support person and they have not responded in two weeks.

The name makes me think of

3 Likes

Think it take alot of work and eBay failing for this site to last. IMO eBay is pretty near perfect for the time being.

As a buyer you end up paying more than eBay for the convenience/security (still dubious value of “authentication” with psa cards)

As a seller it’s actually better. Payouts in under 5 days and they pay your shipping fees.