Finding Holo Trainers

Lurking here obviously drew me to trophies, which happen to be holo, and happen to be trainer cards sometimes. And while I could never justify buying a Battle Road Cynthia’s Feelings, I am left miffed by the fact that Japan never had a non-trophy holo version while English does. Besides cards like Rocket Sneak Attack, the Gym Series holos featuring each gym leader, and English cards like Bebe’s Research or Field Worker or other Japanese trophies like Professor Oak’s Visit, is there any curated resource for cards like these? I like trainer artwork and I like sparkles, so any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Honestly, bulbapedia. This is a pretty niche lookup/interest, odds that a database or list has been made are slim, or it will be very difficult to find. Using bulbapedia is probably the easiest way.

1 Like

I don’t think there currently exists a list like this. You can be the first to make it if you so feel like it :slightly_smiling_face:

Also just wanted to chime in that the Pokemon Classic Collection gave a lot of trainers some nice sparkles. Reverse holos in the EX era would also be a great place to find trainers with holo patterns. The EX Legend Maker reverse holo pattern is just a normal cosmos holo, so you can find some nice looking trainers like this:

4 Likes

God-Tier Holo Orbs

4 Likes

You can try going to TCGCollector and then filter by Trainer and select any variant.

2 Likes