Flipper Tools / Watchcount

Can anyone get these to work right now or is it just me?

Me neither, it isn’t just you.

Edit: I only use/tried flippertools.

EBay is actively blocking any third party extensions. If you want a price reveal eBay offers a paid subscription.

2 Likes

From flippertools site:

Update 7-29-20: This service is currently down to abuse. If you are running a bot, please contact us at flippertools@gmail.com otherwise this service will be down permanently as eBay is now actively blocking due to excessive queries.

1 Like

Meanwhile for those who never used them in the first place:

Just don’t look at my wallet. >_>

7 Likes

Is it just me or should this not be a thing. Ebay fees are the way they make profit right? Why not make them public in the first place…

eBay have recently changed the HTML of their CGI page which reveals sold listings for shop pages, so any tools which scrape them will need updating so they can accurately select the right thing from the new design.

What is affected:

• Any third-party website which scraped sold items from eBay shops.

What isn’t affected:

• Any third-party website which scraped sold items from eBay accounts.
  • Any third-party browser extension which linked directly to eBay’s CGI pages.

This change only appears to affect the US eBay website so far, all other domains seem to work as they used to. For now, just change the TLD of an eBay shop item’s URL from .com to .co.uk, .ca, .com.au, or whatever else and you should be fine.

As mentioned above, FlipperTools is down for some other reason at the moment.

If you want to reveal the sale price yourself, I posted how to do this manually here: www.elitefourum.com/t/what-are-your-thoughts-on-ebay-users-asking-about-sold-items/25707/14.

2 Likes

If you mean browser extensions, that’s not true - it’s not actually possible for a website to block browser extensions, otherwise any website which hosts adverts would block all ad-blocking extensions from working.

Edit: Oops, I thought I was editing my previous post to add this. Can a mod please merge my two posts?

1 Like

This method is not working for me either

The only current way is:

1. Open the sold listing
  2. View-Source
  3. Ctrl+F → taxExclusivePrice

And the value in that key is the real price

6 Likes

My extension still works, there’s many methods so eBay is just shifting things around

Interesting, I wonder if they’re doing regional A/B testing? It’s working fine for me on all domains except .com.