Have you spent money on Pokémon Go?

Since Pokémon Go was released in 2016 have you ever spent real money on the game? Whether it was to buy coins, a raid pass, bundle, event ticket, etc…

• No, never
  • Yes, less than $10
  • Yes, less than $50
  • Yes, more than $50
0 voters

Feel free to share your thoughts below.

I’ve bought a couple of raid passes and balls at one point. Then a pass for the Go Tour, and couple of special missions for mythicals that I need for Home. But otherwise, I just try to stay f2p now. I only buy event passes or the occasional mission for a rare mythical.

2 Likes

I generally would spend money when they had good bundles that included a lot of incubators. It was a fun game that kept me outside for long periods of time so I didn’t feel bad about putting money into it. I don’t play anymore because I get too addicted to it and I have enough addictions at the moment :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

unfortunately I do both lol

14 Likes

$50 is probably a low threshold lol. There are people who spend thousands

1 Like

If I edit the poll will it delete previous entries?

Yes

Never on Pokemon Go. Now Pokemon Sleep, I’m a Premium subscriber every 6 months for $50. Totally worth it for Sleep. It’s a fantastic game and the devs really appreciate their customers.

3 Likes

I’ve remained free to play so far with Sleep but your’e right, its an excellent game! It’s sort of replaced Pokemon Go as my daily Pokemon app.

1 Like

People who have no shame can post their estimated spend. I’m probably close to $100

1 Like

First few weeks during peak mania i coulnt resist myself and bought some egg incubators.
No regrets, those first few weeks / months were amazing. Havent played the game anymore since 2017.

1 Like

I’m probably at around $100-$150. I like the Go Tour and Go Fest events. Before going to Japan last year I spent about $20 on increasing storage so I could Go Plus + everything as I walked around the cities. For the enjoyment I get out of playing the game casually its been well worth it.

2 Likes

Once to hatch some eggs really early on during some egg event - they hatched trash and then I never spent a cent on it again despite playing for like 5 years or so. Stopped playing a few years back now though.

I play most days, genuine question - what do you spend money on? Is it remote raid passes or storage upgrades?

I haven’t played in a while (I do plan on playing again lol) but I think I’ve spent over $100 on Go, maybe $150ish. Lately I just buy more box space and bag space, but in the past I’d buy remote raid passes frequently. I also liked to get tickets for events if I know I’ll be playing. But Niantic has been bothering me lately with their choices in the last 1.5 years, so I have bought less event tickets.

3 Likes

I funded Pokemon Go with whatever I would get from Google Opinion Rewards, so it didn’t feel like real money. Probably around $100 though, usually just spent on bag space and the occasional raid pass, but when I got close to level 40 bought more boxes for lucky eggs and boosts.

2 Likes

Oooh yes, Google Opinion Rewards funded many community days lol. :laughing:

1 Like

Ive spent alot probably wont be disclosed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Its the game i play the most. I have no shame in saying that I spend money on the game.

1 Like

The majority of my purchases have been for event tickets and an occasional storage space increase.

1 Like