In the process of buying a sealed box of Evolutions and....

Was wondering who I can trust whether on eBay or other websites given all the talk I hear about counterfeits. My first time buying product not from retail.

Thank you for any insight!

buy from a seller with some feedback (40+) and no negative reviews or no reasonable negative ones. You have buyer protection from ebay so you should have no problem

you could post some pictures of the listing here and we could help you determine its legitimacy, but in general, @primordialaa has good advice

Big time gaming stores as well like Tnt, Collectors Cache, DAC

If I don’t intend to open the box/seal (really just want this for sentimental value of owning a box), is there a way to tell whether its legit or not from just looking at the packaging?

There are warning signs you can look for, and if you see any questionable signs on sealed product, it’s best to walk away, especially with the huge amount of Evolutions available. There are YouTube videos showing signs to look for, and also openings of legitimate Evolutions boxes, it might be a good idea to take a look at some of those before you buy. That said, if someone was going to go through the effort of resealing a box and scamming someone, there’s much more profit to be made on resealed WotC boxes than modern… If you’re buying from a reputable source with positive reviews, I think it’s a pretty low chance to get scammed on modern sealed product.