Pokemon Marbles

I found some old Pokemon Marbles today and I have been looking into their production. www.landofmarbles.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/pkmn805_1_800x800.jpg

I have found information related to how many of Generation 1 were made, and also being rarer opaque variants + stars meaning they are ‘1st ed’ however it is stated that each Pokemon could be on any colour of marble.

My question is does anybody know how many different colours the marbles can come in?
Does anybody have/collect these and have any more information to share?

4 Likes

I had marbles like these when I was a kid! If I remember right, they came with a felt bag to store them in.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of these buried away. A couple full sets and loads of different colors. I bought out a huge collection of these and battling coins two years ago now I think. Bags come in all colors too. Maybe some can be gleaned from my full set listing but perhaps I could dig through my bulk too and get more definitive lists of the variants I have. Just not sure when I can find the time as they aren’t big sellers and I’m not even fully sure where the bulk is at the moment. I’ll see what I can do over the next couple weeks.

2 Likes

@smpratte the marble meme is no longer a meme, it’s real :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Anyone have any new information on these?

Mjisaacs

I have a ton but not enough to deduce some sort of variations chart. From what I’ve seen you can get any pokemon on any color of marble and I’ve also seen the same pokemon on different color bags before. I try to buy the marbles and bags any time they pop up for relatively cheap. Maybe one day I’ll have a large enough of a collection to make some sort of guide to them.

Here’s what I have. I also have a few more bags not pictured. At the top is the marble launcher that was used when “battling” with the marbles. You used the mat as a stage and tried knocking everyone else’s marbles off. For being produced in 1999 the technology is actually pretty cool. You can load several marbles into it, shoot one and then press a button where a motor spins the loader and drops another in ready to be shot. It also has a built in light! There’s also a huge pokeball shaped storage case that was made. I’ve been on the hunt for one of those for a while but anytime they pop up they are too expensive for my liking.

3 Likes

I have 8 different colors from my small collection. There’s a medium green, light brown, a grayish color, light blue, medium blue, dark blue, clear and this burnt metallic color. I have the same pokemon on different colors so it seems that holds true as well as the “1st ed” stars placed randomly among them.

1 Like

I don’t collect the marbles, but the bags are really neat to use as dice bags if you play the current TCG. I’ve got a Blastoise one and also use the old WOTC Pikachu/Mewtwo deckbox. Good throwback to being 9 years old when I sit down at a regional to play. :sunglasses:

(something is wrong with me)

2 Likes

I like those old ultra pro deck boxes a lot too! I also use those bags for dice bags, just for MTG lol

If someone has caterpie marbles, i would love to buy those :blush:

Regards
Robert

Wow, I lost my Pokémon marbles ages ago, glad you managed to find yours!

I love the designs of the bags and the marbles in general. Gives off a very nostalgic vibe. How long have you been collecting these marbles ?