Price check sealed Pikachu 102 DP-P

As the title said, what is the right price for the card? The other cards in the miniset are about 20 to 50 each sealed, but i never find a 102 DP-P for sale and the PSA Pop report is 1. Thanks

1 Like

This is by far the most difficult copy to find from the 5. Honestly it is whatever price you find. Luckily it is still somewhat niche, so most are unaware of its rarity/scarcity.

1 Like

I sold a sealed copy in november for £175 but it had a little corner wear on the actual card so it was probably a psa 9 worthy card.

What makes the Fukuoka one rarer? Was the center just newer/less visited/etc.? This is so interesting!

As mentioned by @smpratte , the 102/DP-P is way rarer than the other four for some reason. As a Pikachu collector I had been looking for one of these for 1.5 years before I finally found one for 300 USD (sealed). Of course, as is always the case, two more popped up for sale in the two months after that… :unamused: (I actually bought one of those two and still have it somewhere among my duplicated cards that I have to sell one day…)

I talked about it when I added it to my collection. One reason might be the lower residence count for the city it was released in when we compare it to the other four. Whatever the reason, the 102/DP-P is a lot rarer and harder to find than the other four.
I will quote what I said in my collection thread at the time here:

As mentioned in the quote before. The value is: “Personally I estimate the value of this card around 200-600 USD, which is a very large margin and it’s basically equal to the following: I honestly don’t know; there are too few of these sold to estimate its current value.” This was the case when I received it in April 2017, and this is still the case today.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

That has always been the assumption. In general the market was much smaller during their release. But the 102 appears significantly less as Kevin mentioned above. I have a listing on ebay of the full set PSA 10, and have received multiple questions about breaking the set for the 102.

1 Like

Unfortunately because the pop report is 1, you’re at the mercy of smpratte. This card seems to be incredibly rare and very few people are willing to pay what the card is truly worth.

1 Like