S8 Fusion Arts Megathread

S8 Fusion Arts is releasing in September

Mew VMAX<

This set will contain 100 cards + ? ? ? (SR cards or better)

This set will release on September 24, 2021

Price for 1 Booster box: 4950 yen

1 Booster box includes:

30 packs

1 pack includes 5 cards

Set Description
(Translated by @hayo , thank you very much!)

6 Likes

Charistoise
Venuzard
Blastusaur

10 Likes

A new Huntail card…crazy Arita Smeargle…the Dragapult family receiving some of the best art in the last decade…between this, the Gold cards and S8a-P, the allure of modern has never been stronger. Fix the holo pattern and consider me fully reinvigorated!

10 Likes

@c0ll3ct0r :sweat_smile:

Can’t keep up lol

Every member of my family (we all have Pokemon Center accounts) entered the lottery for a booster box. Only one of us won. What a joke.

7 Likes

I like how Pokémon keeps adding mechanics and than replacing it again within 3 sets in an attempt to keep the gameplay interesting. Sadly… the gameplay is broken at its core due to mechanics like EX/GX/V and unlimited trainer card weaving.

1 Like

I haven’t seen a single 5 card pack for sale in any shop except for The Pokémon Center for months. I’m talking all major game and electronic retail shops, chain card shops like Yellow Submarine and all convenience stores. People talk about the state of English Pokémon in Western countries, but the market for new stuff in Japan is ABYSMAL. They are trying to push the TCG but how can anyone get into the game when the sets since February have been essentially non-existent to only a lucky few? How are kids even able to play the game? Just buying 20 yen bulk cards or playing the Family version? It doesn’t sound very exciting or fulfilling to me.

I really have no idea what is going on. They keep releasing new sets and nothing changes whatsoever about the availability. Of course this only effects the few Japan-based members on here who buy modern regularly, so it’s unlikely to get any traction. The rest of the world will continue to gladly buy at inflated prices on Ebay. However, for me the situation for new cards in Japan is beyond stupid at this point.

9 Likes

It’s infuriating to me and my other parent and grandparent friends who are trying to introduce the game to our youngest relatives.

1 Like

Looks like it’s possible that the english version could have gengar and inteleon high class decks included so i hope it would mean we are also getting gengar vmax alt art in english too!

I’m more excited for this set than celebrations, outside of the full art rendition of the OG pikachu.

Will be getting the English version though (fusion strike I think it’s called). Not sure if we want to discuss that heavily here or start a new thread

Apparently, this set is the rebirth of regular holos. Look at this thing!

4 Likes

There’s gonna be a Komiya Pyukumuku! Now if only my other big want could finally get a SwSh era card. :unamused:

6 Likes

THAT SMEARGLE!!! :heart_eyes:

I know alt arts get all the attention now, but I’m really liking the base portion of this set.

I’m guessing Genesect and Mew will get alt arts based on the English pack arts, but really can’t go wrong with Hoopa and Chandelure as additional options from what we’ve seen so far. The recent sets have really been on a great run, hope they can keep it up on the transition to DPP sets next year.

3 Likes

This set is shaping up to be something truly special. I’m still hoping for a shiny Huntail. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a big portion of the cards in a set, maybe a BW one or even as far back as Stormfront?

Another great regular holo:

2 Likes

I’m very excited for Fusion Strike, it looks like it’s going to feature many of my favorites such as Mew, Latias, Goodra, and Delcatty! I know that the set may be underwhelming to some for the Pokemon selection, however I respect that the Pokemon Company is doing another set that features less-prominent Pokemon for collectors (Every Pokemon is somebody’s favorite and deserves some spotlight) and I’m confident that the alt arts we’ll get in this set will knock it out of the park like usual!

Not to mention, the Modern commons/uncommons artworks absolutely spoil us!

An Elesa Full Art would just be icing on the cake at this point. (It’s about time!)

So with all of the Vs revealed the mons that have a chance at an alt art are:
-Mew
-Chandelure
-Genesect
-Hoopa Unbound
-Crabominable
-Tsareena
-Greedent
-Boltund

1 Like

pre-orders went live earlier on JYW and lasted for a whopping 30 seconds before selling out.
260+ boxes in stock by the time I pressed pre-order & checkout they were gone :slightly_frowning_face:

omgsh

14 Likes