Sealed packs what to look for??

Hello! New here but just purchased some sealed base set booster packs off Facebook marketplace. We did the transaction through PayPal invoice, so I’m covered but wondering what I should look for once The packs arrive to verify they are legit and not resealed other than opening?

Compare to legit packs online

1 Like

Some photos

imgur.com/gallery/vXbUaA9

they look ok to me, if it’s a reputable seller you shouldn’t be too worried. i’d obviously check the flaps and the openings on top and bottom to see if they look tampered with, and check weights to see if they’re in line with other base packs. in the future, though, i would ask for clearer photos of each individual pack, because with the way these packs were photographed, the seller could have easily hidden imperfections of certain packs behind others

Price is also a good indicator. If you paid $20 for the packs, they’re probably fake :blush:

Haha definitely not 20. Couple hundred per pack…not cheap but seems good compared to market

1 Like

Couple hundred per pack is very cheap. Market value is $700 - $1000 per pack

1 Like

Not for unlimited, right?

Tape

1 Like

Find me Unlimited cheaper than that range so I can buy

Maybe dumb question but is it mainly sealed boxes that get faked vs booster packs? I’ve seen the techniques used to reseal boxes but guessing resealing packs is more difficult to get away with.

Yeah the ones I bought were unlimited. I figure if boxes are going for 35k then packs must be getting high also

Resealed packs & fakes have been around for ages and no doubt more so since the recent boom however like the sealed boxes you should be able to tell if one has been resealed or not. With that being said the more prices soar the better at being undetected these things will get…
I would only recommend purchasing from a reputable seller at market value, Personally with expensive packs like Base i would only buy mint packs from a box break… It’s not worth the risk at least for me.

Can’t really comment on the packs you linked because the picture quality is too bad (red flag)