Sealed Product Online Purchase Experience

I have some capital I want to deploy to start a sealed product collection (WOTC BBs). How has everyone’s experience been (if) you have purchased sealed products online (Ebay, etc.).

Look for anything specific both in the seller and the details of the posting? Asking for more pictures / details if it isn’t clear in the post?

Appreciate any details!!

:blush: :ninja:

Purchasing online is the standard, I’ve personally never met up with a seller in person to purchase a booster box. Become familiar with what a real box looks like, if you’re unsure, ask a friend or this forum if a box you’re interested in looks genuine. A sellers track record and reputation can be used as a good guide if you’re not knowledgeable yourself.

3 Likes

How much you looking to spend? You can make a buy thread with your prices per box, I’m sure buying booster boxes would be more pleasant with E4 members

One of the most critical things I look for when buying sealed product on eBay is the sellers feedback! It helps me gauge whether or not I should buy from the person and if they are trustworthy! I try to buy from reliable sellers, who have been in the business for years. Best of luck to you and happy collecting!

1 Like

I’ve bought some sealed products from eBay. It still makes me a little nervous when I do it but just make sure you get all the answers to your questions before purchasing. Basic things to consider:

• Has the seller provided images of the item from all angles? Does it appear that they are trying to hide anything?
    Don’t be afraid to ask for more images if the seller hasn’t included ones you think they should have.

• If the description of the listing feels intentionally vague, ask questions. If somebody lists a sealed product they’re trying to sell for a decent amount of money and all the description says is “Sealed box, unopened”, I check. Are there are rips or tears in the seal? Any damage I should be aware of? This has saved me a couple of times.
    Any seller worth their salt will not mind answering a couple of questions from genuinely interested buyers.

• Check the seller’s feedback. If they have zero or close to zero, personally I would never consider buying from that person.

• Unless you know the seller personally, or unless the seller is well-known and trusted in the community, don’t be persuaded into paying via Paypal friends & family if you are not comfortable with it.

• Be very careful on Instagram (for reasons listed above). I’ve made one sealed product purchase on Instagram, and that’s because I had bought something from him via eBay a couple of weeks prior and felt he was a trustworthy guy. Always trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, it usually isn’t.

• Always insist on tracked shipping with a signature. So important.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes