Selling big ticket items

I am a collector of sealed products from the wizards of the coast era and I was looking through some sold listings recently. Many of my have exploded in price over the last couple of years. I am not looking to sell anything but I have always been curious the options out there to sell items worth over $1,000. I have a couple successes on eBay selling items over $1k but those were PSA sets, selling a sealed product on eBay scares me. As well as the cut eBay/paypal takes is a significant chunk of change.
I am assuming many of you have had success using this site. Does anyone ever meet up at Gen Con to do a sale? How does the money usually exchange?
Like I said, I am not looking to sell, but I would like to be best prepared if I ever needed to.

Most people just sell to me directly for half price.

More seriously, eBay is still a good option.

4 Likes

Most of the time I sell big ticket items to people I trust and know. Because I trust and know them I can use PayPal friends and family which avoids all fees and you also don’t need to worry about a return/claim since you are close to the buyer.

On another note just using Instagram and having the buyer use goods and services is still sometimes better than eBay because you can create trust for future transactions with friends and family.

I agree, I have a couple of $5k+ sealed product and I would be scared shitless to just mail them to someone from ebay.

Guess Ill never sell :blush:

1 Like

Items in this price range sell daily on eBay with no issue. Don’t worry yourself!

5 Likes