TCGPlayer sellers can now list Japanese singles and sealed product!

The buyer side will launch next month. Feels like a long time coming. Thoughts?

This is what is currently able to be listed:

14 Likes

This is awesome. Now do all languages

4 Likes

This opens the door for @smpratte to hire e4 people to sell his Japanese bulk

11 Likes

I’ve seen his 151 bulk box. No thanks

5 Likes

This move opens the door a little at least :slight_smile:

Ebay/cardmarket are still my go to choices though

1 Like

Haha I am thinking mid era bulk.

This opens up the door to buy a 10 cent common from 151 on TCGPlayer instead of $2 on eBay. Just an example. There are so many cards that will now be obtaibable at a reasonable price for the Westerners

4 Likes

From a buyer im so happy cause i can finally shop for english cards and not get spammed with pages of japanese cards instead. It also will finally allow the lowest price and market price to actually be reflective of english card sales

1 Like

This is a top 2 reason why TCGPlayer is doing this.
#1 - make money from 10x more Japanese sales
#2 - clean up the English listings so its more user friendly = more English sales.

3 Likes

Been waiting for this yay

This is a huge upgrade for collectors.
Case study: Vaporeon from 151
On TCGPlayer this is looking like a 5 cent card, with several sellers having quantity.
On eBay the lowest list is $1.14 and that seller actually loses money if that sale goes through. $0.30 transaction fee, $0.69 ebay standard envelope, $0.16 ebay fee = $1.15 in costs. Let alone the envelope, card saver, and label for the ESE.
So if able to find a seller on TCGPlayer that has a couple of cheap cards you need, collecting Japanese will get so much cheaper to do.

7 Likes

Well. I’m off to buy a bunch of Japanese singles I was holding off on.

Yup! I think it launches late next week. These are preview screens.

1 Like

Noted. Looking forward to that day.

I’m most curious about whether or not this will impact the price of more sought after set cards, like say, Light Jolteon, or more interestingly cards that were exclusive to VHS/CD/Vending sets. It’s wishful thinking though, just because they’re on my want list. d:

I am thinking any cards over $5 on eBay won’t be affected by TCGplayer. This will probably only affect bulk cards (<$3) or any card TP sells on their eBay

2 Likes

Tomorrow is the day! Any other wishes you all have? Looks like my genie takes about a year to do his magic

4 Likes

All languages up next please.

1 Like

On a different website I saw people talking about listing Korean and Chinese cards in the new Japanese section.

Hope they just do all languages someday

1 Like

I’ll be so happy if I no longer have to randomly search for Korean on eBay and hope it pops up. Thai and Indonesian may be too much to ask for, but I’ll keep hoping.