Tohato Pokemon Horizons 2023 Stickers

I got bored today and decided to eat my last box of Tohato Pokemon Snack (ポケモンスナック). Since I opened it, I decided to put together information about the most recent set. I’ve found that stickers that come with Japanese snacks release new sets every few months. Checklists for them are difficult to find in English, and they tend to become more difficult to research as time goes on since they become buried under new sticker set releases.

Tohato is a Japanese snack company that makes a few character tie-in snacks. Aside from Pokemon Snack, they seem to have tie-in products with Doraemon and Anpanman. Their most recognizable product is probably Caramel Corn, which is a corn puff type snack covered in a caramel shell.

As with other Pokemon tie-in snacks, Pokemon Snack comes with stickers. There appears to be a new release every few months, similar to the Lotte Pokemon Chocowafers. Pokemon Snack comes in two flavors: chocolate and pudding, which is kind of like flan. Here are promotional images about it taken from the Tohato website. The last image is talking about eating them with Ice Cream or Milk, like cereal.

As you can tell, the most recent 2023 set appears to focus on the Pokemon Horizons anime, with Captain Pikachu prominently appearing on the packaging.

The snack comes in a hexagonal box. Here’s photos of the box.

The box contains a sticker and the snack. Each sticker set appears to have a different design. This set has a blue pack with Captain Pikachu in it.

This is what the snack looks like. They’re chocolate corn puffs shaped like Pikachu.

This is the front and back of the sticker pack.

The stickers are square and measure roughly 3.9 x 3.9 cm. The design also appears to be different depending on the set. There is also a random Pokeball together with the Pokemon. The sticker does not appear to be solid, both the Pokemon and the Pokeball have a scored outline. This is the front of the stickers showing the general design for the set.

The backside of the stickers contain some information about the Pokemon. The sticker number is also in the back. The design for the back also appears to be different between sets.

While looking for information about the set, I got lucky and ran across someone selling the complete set on Mercari. Here are the complete front and back pictures of the stickers for this set.

And here’s a numbered list of all 40 stickers.

# Sticker
1 Charizard
2 Captain Pikachu
3 Captain Pikachu
4 Captain Pikachu
5 Chansey
6 Scyther
7 Snorlax
8 Azumarill
9 Skarmory
10 Donphan
11 Elekid
12 Sableye
13 Milotic
14 Salamence
15 Metagross
16 Shiny Rayquaza
17 Bidoof
18 Gallade
19 Rotom
20 Zorua
21 Chandelure
22 Braviary
23 Volcarona
24 Dedenne
25 Goomy
26 Noivern
27 Rockruff
28 Bewear
29 Pyukumuku
30 Corviknight
31 Alcremie
32 Pincurchin
33 Snom
34 Sprigatito
35 Fuecoco
36 Quaxly
37 Pawmi
38 Armarouge
39 Ceruledge
40 Bellibolt
12 Likes

Cool info! Like you said, it seems to be hard to find good information about a lot of stickers as time goes on (probably because there are so many), so record keeping like this is always much appreciated!

1 Like

I want them all

2 Likes

I picked up a few of them cause I was curious. I’m not particularly chasing anything in the set though since there’s no Gardevoir in it. I found out there is one on the previous set though!

1 Like

Very hard to find info on these any info or year on this one?

Haven’t had Tohato chocolate puffs in a while. So good. If you can find a local grocery with Japanese products, highly recommend trying em!

That must be the 2024 Tohato set. The set I posted has the captain Pikachu on a blue wrapper. Yours is purple. I haven’t bought any of the latest Tohato puffs yet, but I have seen a new batch in stores.