trophy cards

The Tropical Wind art is one of my favorites.

1 Like

I wonder this too. I bought a psa 10 silver medal 2005 a little while ago for only 35 dollars.

These cards would be considered “prize” cards. The term “trophy” is used in a general sense for some prize cards. The literal term “trophy” is reserved for the rarest cards from major tournaments that are awarded with or in lieu of an actual trophy.

5 Likes

Do you have an estimate on about how many of each medal they print for gold and silver medal cards?

Those victory medals are a dime a dozen. They were awarded for the longest time as league prizes etc. For tournaments.

“Trophy” cards are ones for the bigger tournaments like worlds wherein there is only one first place in each division so evidently 3 cards per division (plus is it vgc too? IDR)

There are other trophy cards that are rarer than these medals but it has to do with the release. So for instance sometimes for battle roads they did spring or fall so the difference of the card would just be the stamp on it?

1 Like

Three cards per division barring the 2000, 2001 and 2002 Battle Road Trophies in which case there is about 17-18 sets of each. :wink:

My guess is that there’s just no interest in them. There’s a ton of extremely rare cards that are worth very little due to them not being well known or desired.

1 Like

No interest in which specific cards, the victory medals?

1 Like

All of the prize cards. I don’t see much attention for any of them.

I have sold out of the 2009-10 psa 10 victory medal sets. I think 7 in 2 months. One of my hottest items right now.

There are some obscure cards in the prize category for sure, but the worlds cards, and Japanese victory medals with 9-10 grades sell extremely well for me.

3 Likes

Interesting.

So these cards WERE awarded to winners for the corresponding event. But they just didnt change the artwork for a couple years, and they handed out the SAME cards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to the winners for pretty much all events in those years time frames? Which would make them more common?

1 Like