Tropical Wind 99' or UniKarp?

Hey everyone!

I have been interested in getting back into collecting, specifically looking into some of the more affordable trophies that still holds a decent amount of prestige.

With that said I have been looking closely at tropical wind 99’ and unikarp. I will eventually buy both but I figured I should start with the rarer or more ‘‘prestigious’’ one first.

Though it may prove to be more opinion based than factual I am still inquiring as to which one of the 2 do you guys think holds more true ‘‘prestige’’ or rarity!

What drives me the most towards those kind of cards is the story behind them, so if you have any suggestion for newer trophy of the same caliber I would love to hear it!

Thank you!

3 Likes

I recommend you going for a Tropical Wind as prices recently have been extremely low due to market saturation.

16 Likes

IMG_2094

:desert_island: :fish:

16 Likes

I would choose the Unikarp.

6 Likes

inb4 ban but something about tropical wind just doesn’t do it for me. Respectable card but Unikarp all day bb

6 Likes

I agree with this, I can’t believe how low some are selling right now.

I also like the Tropical Wind card art more than the Unikarp personally but obviously that will be a matter of preference for you.

8 Likes

My vote is for tropical wind, because I love the artwork and the nostalgic vibe. That’s what I would buy.

The unikarp is a great card to own though, truly a god tier promo with a super interesting release and history.

6 Likes

Id pick up the karp cause hes a cutie. Also been seeing a hell of alot of magikarp species collectors lately. Might wanna take that into account.

3 Likes

Tropical wind. No similar art, unique promo, inspired a line of promos for its legacy, they are quite affordable for a trophy right now

3 Likes

Unikarp. Better story behind it. Can’t go wrong with either though.

3 Likes

PSA 8s on auction now on rarecandy!

9 Likes

PSA 10 Tropical Wind > PSA 10 Unikarp
PSA 9 Unikarp > PSA 9 Tropical Wind
PSA 8 Unikarp = PSA 8 Tropical Wind

And so on and so on for the lower grades.

10 Likes

Get most expensive first, then cheapest of the two.

1 Like

I would go for the wind plus community collage magikarp instead.

12 Likes

lmaooo

2 Likes

Does that mean 2001 WEB Magikarp is just “high school dropout magikarp”

4 Likes

Open University Magikarp

Hey, web magikarp is doing just fine! Let’s see who’s gonna laugh when he launches his next tech startup.

14 Likes

Unikarp is love, Unikarp is life.

5 Likes

If the choice was simply this or that, I’d go for a Tropical Wind.

5 Likes