Ultra Prism Packs

Are sealed Ultra Prism Packs worth saving? Like long term 5-10+ years? I know this is one of those “predict the future” questions, but boosters are already like $150, though you can still find random packs at Walmart and such.

Additionally, are they any tins that have UP in them currently? Or would I just be able to find single packs?

Eeerm boosters are definitely NOT at 150 atm, they’ve barely changed since release.

1 Like

There’s too much saturation of modern product on the market for the value of it to rise like wotc. A lot of older collectors that just got back into pokemon after the pokemon go explosion see where wotc sealed prices went, sit on modern treating it like old. Prices are like that because no one was sitting on it and just opening it. So massive print runs, reprints and a lot people sitting on it is why you shouldent hold your breath on modern.

2 Likes

YouTube Smpratte. You’ll learn everything you need to know about modern product

3 Likes

UP only keeps price up because Cynthia and other valuable trainers. Cynthia ONLY took a .75-1$ hit per card since introduction of Team-Up (and it being in the starters) and it’s a staple trainer. As soon as the set cycles out, the packs become worthless, since no real other hits in the set

When it comes specifically to English product people fail to mention. We aren’t talking about a ton of money but the modern Japanese exclusive promos that are not mass produced are nice too even though they don’t get much of a high premium as English.

1 Like

My only thought was that it’s been out of print for a year almost and booster boxes are selling on eBay for $150 already, consistently

I would strongly suggest no. You don’t want to invest in a product that has 1.) extremely high supply and 2.) low demand by collectors.

Isn’t this the set that people were waiting for another print run but it never ended up happening?

It’s the same.
So Cyrus never got a corrected version I assuming.

Isn’t this a blessing for collectors? Finally no endless printing off a set to keep trainer cards in circulation. They just reprint trainers in new sets now. Hau and Lilie got reprints, so did Cynthia and Escape Board and I believe Order (or is it Pal) Pad too. The set really doesn’t carry any other really playable card, and the endless print mentality of TCPi was to keep the game open for all. They found a way that’s better for both sides of the hobby.

1 Like

I’m counting gold Lunala and Solgaleo as “hits” they are different than other cards on s&m series+ difficult to pull.