What exactly is going on with Twilight Masquerade Booster Boxes?

Not too sure if this forum has already discussed the rumors involving the fact that Twilight Masquerade BBs have appreared to have been printed shorter than most S&V sets thus far. We have seen cases creep up close to the 700 range as well as loose box prices creeping up towards the $120.

Does anyone have concrete information relating to future reprints and/or allocations for bb cases?

Why would they short print a modern set containing cards that will continue to be playable until 2027?

It’s been under 2 months since release, not 2 years

16 Likes

I can tell you that in Japan this is definitely not the case. Boxes and cases are readily available in almost all stores for MSRP.

3 Likes

Greninja hype and FOMO currently after 2 months of poketubers bashing the set :rofl:

2 Likes

I know a couple of guy’s that have had their allocations cut by 20-30%, and distros have run dry of specifically booster boxes. I do think this is a little strange considering we haven’t seen this since the beginning of the pandemic with Vivid Voltage & Darkness Ablaze.

That’s understandable considering the current popular chase is SIR Greninja ex, but it’s a short term issue. They have plenty of time to print it alongside other SV sets over the next year

11 Likes

Investors and poketubers are desperate for SV’s version of Moonbreon. It seems they have decided the Greninja EX SIR is the heir apparent. Even though I really like the card, it feels like the decision was made out of impatience and desperation rather than organic desire for the card.

13 Likes

readily available in almost all stores for MSRP

Going by that metric English by the way is still way better off considering that the MSRP would be $161.64

Kind of on a similar note though, am I crazy for thinking the Kingdra and Greninja EX promos from Shrouded Fable are the best cards for the SV era so far?

17 Likes

It’s called a healthy market. MSRP is $160 for SV booster boxes. Having new sets come out and prices collapse to $80/box is unsustainable, stores can’t make any money when market price of brand new products is less than wholesale.

2 Likes

Im surprised its selling well since its another dlc set with meh chase cards. Maybe Ogerpon really is that popular…

1 Like

Have these been officially released yet? That Kingdra is one of the best looking cards I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

August 2 when Shrouded Fable releases

No great sets in SV with good chases yet so people (youtubers) grabbing ANYTHING they can to hype it up with an actual popular Pokemon. Karp in PE as an IR was first, now you have Greninja as a chase. Nothing is short printed, there are boxes available everywhere and rumors of “No reprint on any SV Boxes, new distro lists out and its only ETBS and bundles etc!!!”.

SV is in that time of zero appreciation for the art because the chase Pokemon are from SV and have crowns and other weird forms. But the general market of investors need to find the next thing and youtubers/social media all parroting things causes fomo.

2 Likes

Ogerpon has a lot of playability. This set is just full of good cards for the actual tcg.

I thought the same thing. Will be the first card in the SV block that I plan to add to my (small) slab collection.

As someone else said, they release on 8/2 in separate collection boxes. Already picked up 2 cases.

Anyone know if/how these cards are being released in japanese?

I really wish the Greninja wasn’t as sought after…then I would be able to afford to pick one up! :sob:

1 Like

Those should be in Terastral Festival in Japanese since they are reprints of stuff like Kingdra from Night Wanderer, Greninja from ex start decks and Kingambit from Ruler of Black Flame.

1 Like

Thank you!