Your top 3!

Alright let’s hear what your top card choice too add too your collection for each era would be in these the three era’s :

WOTC Era

EX Era

Diamond & Pearl

I think these three eras of Pokémon TCG are so special to most of us. So I would like to know your one card from each era you love the most or consider a grail for you. Doesn’t matter the price , the rarity etc.

Can’t wait to read all of your comments.

For me I would choose as so :

WOTC Era = Charizard ( shadowless not 1st Ed as shadowless was my first pull of the big boy )

Ex Era = besides GS Rayquaza I would choose Groudon Ex from Hidden legends. Pokémon ruby was my choice out of the two and was in love with Groudon , so when I saw it’s first ex card I wanted it so bad I kept looking at it online as a kid just too see it lol

D&P Era = Palkia Lv.X from Great Encounters set. The first Lv.X of Palkia and as a kid I chose Diamond but after playing the game and learning Palkia was the ruler of space I regretted choosing Diamond lol Fell in love with Palkia for his ownership of space and his design grew on me :innocent:

2 Likes

I’ll answer wotc as the other 2 are boring to me.
Any cgc pristine 10 3rd print fossil cards except the 3 I have so 44 out of 47. Preference Gengar so I’m being specific.

2 Likes

WOTC era = Ancient Mew, my fave card as a kid and it still fascinates me till today. Totally exotic and unique in design, artwork and text on the card! No other official card is later made in this style.

Ex era = Umbreon ex, would like to choose Umbreon gold star but I prefer the JPN version of Umbreon gold star instead. Umbreon ex is totally cool and timeless. I own one in PSA 9 and don’t think I will ever sell it.

D&P era = I know Glaceon Lv.X is the top chase card but I don’t really like Glaceon. So pass this era for me.

3 Likes

WOTC Era = Shining Gyarados from Neo Revelation, just fantastic artwork.

EX Era = Blastoise ex from EX FireRed & LeafGreen, Blastoise has been one of my favourite Pokemon since playing Blue as a kid. The holo borders look especially good on blue cards.

D&P Era = Moltres from Supreme Victors with the throwback art to the ANA promo.

2 Likes

No rarity zard

Wcp salamence

Shiny bagon aoa

4 Likes

It constantly changes but today it is:

Blaine’s Moltres

Charizard Ex

Darkrai Lv X - (The one that is a black star promo)

2 Likes

WotC: Neo Rev Houndoom
EX: Aqua Magma Absol
Diamond Pearl: Stormfront Charizard? I’m really not a fan of the DP era. Perhaps HGSS Lugia (bottom), or unleashed Raikou and Suicune (top)

4 Likes

Ezpz

Wotc era: Crystal Lugia JP
Ex era: Latios GS JP
DP era: Dialga G Lv.X

3 Likes

I am going to avoid Togepi/Jirachi cards as those are always my favourite so for others:

Quite easy for me though
WOTC: Shining Gyarados
Ex era: absol secret rare from TMTA
DP&P: articuno secret rare (ANA Reprint), but all 3 are so nice.

5 Likes

WOTC: Base set Charizard Shadowless

EX: Gold star Pikachu

D/P: Stormfront Charizard Arita reimagined

1 Like

WOTC: Neo Destiny Dark Typhlosion

EX: Dragon Frontiers Ninetales δ

DP: Majestic Dawn Forest Force Theme Deck holo Leafeon

6 Likes

WOTC: Feraligatr Holo from E1/Expedition
EX: Feraligatr Delta Species from Dragon Frontiers
DP: Really hard to say, I took the freedom to include HGSS, so it is Espeon from L2 Reviving Legends.

2 Likes

Dunno if counts but trainer deck b blastoise for wotc, charizard gs for ex and I actually dont know anything about diamond and pearl so cant give an answer.

1 Like

WOTC: Expedition Alakazam Holo - the way it’s drawn is so different from other Alakazam artwork, it looks much more sagely and reclusive than brooding and evil (these depictions are great in their own way, of course)

EX: Walrein ex from Power Keepers, the only ex I pulled as a kid from only a handful of packs from that era

DP: Stormfront Snover :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

umbreon ex is the best ex

1 Like

pretty tough to just pick one, so i’ll just do this quickly without thinking too hard about it (aka this isn’t necessarily 100%).

wotc would be the easiest to pick something from since the art is limited. could be base dragonair, light jolteon, shining gyarados, shining mew, sunset mew, karen’s umbreon, or sabrina’s espeon for example.

ex is the hardest bc its the golden era of art imo (in large part to hajime kusajime finding their stride in that colorful style, but also bc there is so much good arita art). could be the lati twins goldstars, gyrados delta, dratini under a bridge, sky’s rayquaza, umbreon ex, so many)

dppt is easier since there was so much filler sugimori art and i’m not a fan of that era’s cgi art. however there are also things like the 11’th movie promos, the leafeon and glaceon from the theme decks (non-lv.x), the arita darkrai, kusajima giratina, etc

however i just picked the three that i always get stuck on in awe when flipping through pages

6 Likes

That Rayquaza is :fire::fire::fire: and I’ve never seen it before! Just awesome that pose and the clouds…

1 Like

WOTC era: Shining Mew (does this count?)
EX era: Mewtwo ex
DP era: Shiny Milotic (my profile makes it obvious I think…). The Japanese print though. The English reverse holo print is disgustingly bad and is such a huge disservice to the SH subset.

WotC: Neo Revelation Houndoom
Ex era: Team Rocket Returns Dark Dragonite (Reverse)
Diamond and Pearl: Legends Awakened Spiritomb

which mewtwo ex?